JOB TITLE: Shop Keeper/Logistic Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Island Manger
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week and upon request overtime
- Ensures daily stock issue at the shop and maintain stock entry of the same.
- Maintains records of stock issue/receipt.
- Conducts monthly stock-taking in the station shop.
- Ensures proper control of stock movement and research food camps.
- Maintains stock supply and submit requisition list to Island Manager.
- Report on any lost, damaged or expired items and being accountable to the Island Manager.
- Ensures that the station shop is kept to a high level of hygiene.
- Enforces the shop regulations and policies.
- Conducts sales of souvenir to visitors and staff alike and maintain souvenir stores and advise the Island Manager accordingly on the requisition.
- Assists with loading and unloading of the supply boat.
- Sorting out, classification and stocking of goods received from the supply boat.
- Assists with cleaning and maintaining all station facilities.
- Prepares the accommodation block whenever there are visitors coming in or leaving.
- Report to the Island Manager on any damage of assets that occur during cleaning activities.
- Assists with research and logistic activities as and when required.
- Enforce all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and the environment.
- Ensure that biosecurity measures are implemented to the highest standards for the transit of supplies, equipment, and staff. This may require performing biosecurity checks/briefings at a designated location.
- Liaise with the Island Manager, operations staff and designated biosecurity officers to ensure internal biosecurity processes operate smoothly.
- Accompany and guide visitors and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforcement of waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Attends to any medical issues arising from staff, visitors etc.. at the research station and establish medical contacts with the Seychelles Hospital in the event of serious cases.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Post-Secondary level of education with basic mathematical/analytical background, computer literate with at least 5 years working experience in relevant field.
Apply for this post by sending your CV, a completed application form (can be found here or collected from our offices) and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 20/09/21.