31 Mar 2023
- Meet and greet visitors on arrival at the reserve.
- Provide visitors with knowledgeable information of the various services available on site.Be punctual. Advise supervisor in the event the tour cannot be delivered.
- Deliver personal introduction and provide explanation of the Ravin de Fond Ferdinand Reserve’s heritage centre and other popular attractions of the reserve (cemetery and other areas of cultural interest)
- Adhere to schedule and duty roster
- Demonstrate leadership skills by ensuring that all guided tours are carried out with professionalism.
- Respect time allocated for guided tours and be punctual for all schedule tours
- Be a cultural ambassador by always addressing client in a language that they can understand (Please note that speaking in a language clients do not understand can create a barrier between the clients and the guide).
- Maintain clear and effective communication flow with clients offering commentary and interacting through giving information that will allow visitors to fully experience and appreciate Fond Ferdinands natural and historical highlights
- Wear appropriate uniform and name badge at all times, as to enable clients to better identify you as the Fond Ferdinand guided personnel
- Ask for feedback from clients after each tour and thank clients for visiting the reserve
- Provide prompt reports on problems encountered
- Due to the nature of work at the reserve, the Visitor Attendant is expected to assist with any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Diploma in Tourism and Tour Guiding or Graduate of Business Studies-Office Management and fluency to speak English and French (knowledge of other languages will be an advantage) with at least 2 years working experience in a similar field or Graduate in any Post-Secondary institution with at least 3 years work experience in a similar field
Skills and attributes:
- High standards of personal appearance and attitudes
- Must show initiative and be responsible.
- Hardworking and motivated, ability to handle work pressure
- Physically fit
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Ability to follow directions
Please note this vacancy is only open to Seychelles applicants. Apply for this post by sending your CV, and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 31-03-2023