JOB TITLE: SHOPKEEPER/LOGISTIC ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: ISLAND MANAGER
- Ensures daily stock issue at the shop and maintain stock entry of the same
- Maintains records of stock issue/receipt
- Conducts monthly stock taking in the station shop
- Ensures proper control of stock movement and research food camps
- Maintains stock supply and submit requisition list to Island Manager
- Report on any lost, damage or expired items and being accountable for to the Island Manager
- Ensures that the station shop is kept to a high level of hygiene
- Enforces the shop regulations and policies
- Conducts sales of souvenir to visitors and staff alike and maintain souvenir stores and advise the Island Manager accordingly on the requisition
- Assists with loading and unloading of supply boat
- Sorting out, classification and stocking of good received from supply boat
- Assists with cleaning and maintaining all station facilities
- Prepares the accommodation block whenever there are visitors coming in or leaving
- Report to the Island Manager on any damage of assets occur during cleaning activities
- Assists with research and logistic activities as and when required
- Enforce all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment.
- Accompany and guide visitors and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforcement of waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Attends to any medical issues arising from staff, visitors etc.. at the station and establish medical contacts with the Seychelles Hospital in the event of serious cases
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Post-Secondary level of education with basic mathematical/analytical background
At least 5 years working experience in relevant field
POS experience, IT, organizing, communication in both English and French languages, First aid skills
- Pleasant Personality
- Able to work under pressure
- Keen to learn about nature
- Medically fit
This post is open to Seychellois applicants only.
Apply for this post by sending your CV and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 30/09/22