JOB TITLE: Property Maintenance Supervisor
SALARY GRADE: Depending on Qualification and Experiences
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 45 hours per week and upon request of overtime
Context and Background
The Property Maintenance Supervisor will supervise maintenance staff and responsible for all aspects of SIF property maintenance and infrastructure on Praslin. He is required to assist in preparing and planning for the maintenance budget and works with the Site Manager to ensure that maintenance operations remain within budgeted guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all cleaners , field workers, security and maintenance assistant
- Preparation of weekly work programme for all maintenance staff
- Responsible for maintenance of trails, and firebreaks
- Responsible for Coco de Mer collection and removal of exotic plants and alien species
- Responsible to deal with incoming and outgoing cargo
- Responsible for transportation of security after work hours and attend to their calls whilst on duty
- Responsible for the maintenance of water system and reservoir
- Ensure of regular maintenance on the existing infrastructure and common areas
- Initiating, performing & overseeing maintenance projects.
- Report on any damage found on property and infrastructure during routine inspection
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Maintain a record on all maintenance activities.
- Produce monthly maintenance report
- Patrol designated area to ensure that the park laws are not violated
- Ensure the enforcement of the park laws
- Ensure that the Park regulations are fully respected
- Assist in coordinating anti-poaching activities
- Responsible on the prevention of fires and fire fighting
- Maintaining logbook of daily accomplishments completion of forms for work done on “move outs”, work orders and preventive maintenance/routine maintenance.
- On standby call on alternate weekends with the Site Manager
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by Site Manager
- Skill in operating a variety of power equipment and hand tools.
- Strong public relations and communication skills necessary for interacting with customers and maintenance staff.
- Strong knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry plus familiarity with equipment needed in performing these activities.
- Computer literate and ability to work with word, excel and emails
- Strong knowledge of health and safety issues
- Strong written communication skills necessary for completing forms necessary for the position and for completing log entries of daily/weekly accomplishments.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions while working in the field.
- Ability to work after hours on alternate weekends and emergency calls. Job includes the wearing of a pager and answering emergency calls from security officers (this shift is an ongoing aspect of the job and will be shared with the Site Manager.)
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to assess daily workloads and materials necessary to complete the daily tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The maintenance supervisor position requires an individual who enjoys the challenge of troubleshooting and correcting mechanical and electrical issues and someone who is willing to work when and where needed when emergency maintenance activities are required. That might entail working during the weekends and in inclement weather circumstances. This position requires someone who works well on his own and can identify and respond to issues that need correcting.
- Committed to work diligently on to enhance the visitor experience while at the same time aspiring conservation aims
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the relevant field including supervision
Minimum Diploma level in the Construction and Maintenance field and supervisory skills
Fluency in English, and Creole,
Valid Driver’s License and good driving record are preferred.
Please note this vacancy is only open to Seychelles applicants. Apply for this post by sending your CV, and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 31/08/22