JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
SALARY POINT: SG11
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
BASED AT: SIF Head Office, Mahé with travel to sites as required
HOURS WORK: 40 hours per week and upon request of overtime
The Seychelles Islands Foundation (SIF) requires a motivated and professional individual to be responsible for the successful implementation of the SIF portfolio of projects. The Project Coordinator (PC) ensures the smooth coordination, updating and expansion of the SIF portfolio which can include projects on management, conservation, research, invasive species, biosecurity and education/outreach. The role includes coordination of larger projects, which are usually externally funded and require associated reporting duties to funding agencies, as well as internal projects (for example student or volunteer projects) and biosecurity duties. The PC is responsible for all stages of project management, from submitting funding applications, to coordinating project staff, to preparing final reports and budgets for funders, as well as ensuring that the project results are disseminated in appropriate ways. This position is based on Mahé in SIF Head Office (HO) with some time to be spent on Aldabra, the Vallée de Mai and Fond Ferdinand depending on need and transport availability. The PC reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Qualifications and professional experience:
- Minimum MSc, in an environmental/conservation subject or in project management (essential)
- 5 years of successful work experience in project coordination/management (essential)
- Demonstrated track record of successful fund-raising of large amounts from multiple funders (essential)
- Demonstrated professional understanding of conservation, scientific research and environmental management in Seychelles and in a global context (essential)
- Excellent English writing skills with strong background of writing technical documents in English (essential; ideally a range of work including technical reports, funding proposals and popular articles for an international audience)
- Demonstrated experience with successfully planning and managing large budgets (essential)
- Experience with research and ecological monitoring (preferred)
- Experience in the Seychelles project landscape (preferred)
- International experience is considered an asset for this position (preferred)
- Relevant peer reviewed publications (preferred)
- Experience working on Aldabra and/or the Vallee de Mai (preferred).
- Excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills - ability to establish priorities and to plan and coordinate work; ability to effectively coordinate different projects simultaneously
- Outstanding communication skills – writing, presenting plus effective interpersonal skills
- Well-developed sense of professionalism
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Good teamwork and respect for diversity – ability to manage and motivate teams of staff to achieve results
- Proven adaptiveness, resourcefulness and positivity
- Proactiveness especially when addressing challenges
- Commitment and diligence – committed to and diligently working towards achieving results for sustainable future of Seychelles natural heritage.
- Fully computer literate
Languages: Fluency in English speaking and writing (essential), Creole (preferable), French (asset).