JOB TITLE: Cook/Gardener
SALARY BAND: SG3
RESPONSIBLE TO: Island Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week and upon request overtime
- To be responsible for all food preparation, serving, clean-up, kitchen hygiene and all equipment, ensuring that all food wastes are being properly disposed of according to the Aldabra disposal waste policy.
- To provide full catering services including the baking of bread and other pastry for residents and visitors as per the Island Manager’s request.
- To liaise with the Island Manager with regards to food stock and monthly costing for staff meals and also do stocktaking and record-keeping of all kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Maintain the garden for island consumption.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of research station, settlement, field camps, trails and equipment, in the absence of visitors.
- Compile with all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and the environment.
- Ensure that biosecurity measures are implemented to the highest standards for the transit of supplies, equipment, and staff. This may require performing biosecurity checks/briefings at a designated location.
- Liaise with the Island Manager, operations staff and designated biosecurity officers to ensure internal biosecurity processes operate smoothly.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Carry out any work-related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS;
Graduate in Food and Beverages or 5 years working experience as a senior cook.
Apply for this post by sending your CV, a completed application form (can be found here or collected from our offices) and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 20/09/21.