JOB TITLE: SHOPKEEPER/LOGISTIC ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: ISLAND MANAGER
- Ensures daily stock issue at the shop and maintain stock entry of the same
- Maintains records of stock issue/receipt
- Conducts monthly stock taking in the station shop
- Ensures proper control of stock movement and research food camps
- Maintains stock supply and submit requisition list to Island Manager
- Report on any lost, damage or expired items and being accountable for to the Island Manager
- Ensures that the station shop is kept to a high level of hygiene
- Enforces the shop regulations and policies
- Conducts sales of souvenir to visitors and staff alike and maintain souvenir stores and advise the Island Manager accordingly on the requisition
- Assists with loading and unloading of supply boat
- Sorting out, classification and stocking of good received from supply boat
- Assists with cleaning and maintaining all station facilities
- Prepares the accommodation block whenever there are visitors coming in or leaving
- Report to the Island Manager on any damage of assets occur during cleaning activities
- Assists with research and logistic activities as and when required
- Enforce all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment.
- Accompany and guide visitors and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforcement of waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Attends to any medical issues arising from staff, visitors etc.. at the station and establish medical contacts with the Seychelles Hospital in the event of serious case
20. Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Education ( special knowledge)
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS;-
Post-Secondary level of education with basic mathematical/analytical background
At least 5 years working experience in relevant field
Training (Skills) (Special attributes)
POS experience, IT, organizing, communication in both English and French languages, First aid skills
- Pleasant Personality
- Able to work under pressure
- Keen to learn about nature
- Medically fit