20 Sep 2019
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and data collection programme and management under the guidance of the Research Officer or other person designated.
- Participate in the alien species eradication programme under the guidance of the Research Officer or other person designated.
- Assist with the enforcement of the National Park and Nature Conservancy Act and Aldabra regulations and SIF policies
- Participate in the anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other person designated.
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is in accordance with the all SIF policies.
- Assist with the maintenance and up-keep of the Research Station facilities and equipments
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of field camp, trails, scientific transects and other science and conservation programme related needs in the field.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with all staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Required to take up and full fill duties beyond the scope of the contract due to the nature of the place
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- IGSCE level plus 3 years working experience in a relevant field or
- Successful completion of post secondary education