20 Sep 2019
- To assist with renovation, for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities and infrastructure under the supervision of the Island Manager.
- To assist renovation for the up-keep and maintenance of field camps, trails including beach cleaning.
- To assist with renovation, maintenance and up keep of settlement
- Assist with maintenance and up keep of station garden
- Compile with all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment and Code of Conduct.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Provide field assistance to the Research Department.
- Accompany visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Due to the nature of the place the Labourer is required and to take up and fulfill duties beyond the scope of this job description.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS;-
- S5 Level of Education or 1 year working experience in a relevant field including gardening skills