28 Jan 2019
- Assist with maintenance and repair of electrical appliances including air condition units, chillers, freezers, pumps, compressors, VHF radios and all other electrical equipment.
- Maintain electrical wiring system, photovoltaic power system and backup diesel generator at the research station.
- Assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines and wiring system.
- Ensure proper record keeping of servicing logs, repairs, spare parts order and issuance
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities.
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, boat shed and generator house in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of field camps and trails.
- Maintain a record on all maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building during routine maintenance
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Minimum Entry Requirements:
IGCSE level and successful completion of post secondary education and three years working experience in relevant field.
Only Seychellois are eligible to apply.