Job Title: Electrical/Maintenance Assistant
Responsible To: Senior Mechanic/Island Manager
Hours of Work: 40
- Responsible for the up-keep and electrical maintenance of the Research Station facilities, building, library and equipment.
- To assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines, generators, compressor, de-salinator, pumps, radio and all other electrical equipment and water supply system
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, outboard engine shed and generator room in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of field camps and trails
- Maintain a record on all maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building during routine maintenance
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
IGCSE level and successful completion of post secondary education and three years working experience in relevant field.