20 Sep 2019
- Responsible for the up-keep and electrical maintenance of the Research Station facilities, building, library and equipment.
- To assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines, generators, compressor, de-salinator, pumps, radio and all other electrical equipment and water supply system
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, outboard engine shed and generator room in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of field camps and trails
- Maintain a record on all maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building during routine maintenance
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- IGCSE level and successful completion of post secondary education and three years working experience in relevant field.