30 Oct 2019
- To be responsible for all food preparation, serving, clean-up, kitchen hygiene and all equipment. Ensuring that all food wastes are being properly disposed of according to the Aldabra disposal waste policy.
- To provide full catering services including baking of bread and other pastry for residents and visitors as per the Island Manager’s request.
- To liaise with the Island Manager with regards to food stock and monthly costing for staff meals and also do stock taking and record keeping of all kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Maintain the garden for island consumption.
- Assist with maintenance and up keep of Research Station, settlement, field camps, trails and equipment, in the absence of visitors.
- Compile with all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
10. Carry out any work related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS;-
Graduate in Food and Beverages or
5 years working experience as a senior cook