JOB TITLE: Logistic Assistant
SALARY BAND: SG1
RESPONSIBLE TO: Island Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 40hrs per week and upon request of overtime
- To assist with renovation, for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities and infrastructure under the supervision of the Island Manager.
- To assist renovation for the up-keep and maintenance of field camps, trails including beach cleaning.
- To assist with renovation, maintenance and up keep of settlement
- Assist with maintenance and up keep of station garden
- Compile with all SIF policies relating to wildlife, plants and environment and Code of Conduct.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Provide field assistance to the Research Department.
- Accompany visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups with field staff especially within those areas used by tourists and other visitors.
10. Due to the nature of the place the Labourer is required and to take up and fulfill duties beyond the scope of this job description.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS;-
S5 Level of Education or 1 year working experience in a relevant field including gardening skills