Context and Background
The Accounts Technician (AT) is responsible for handling accounting duties for Vallée de Mai management, which includes handling day-to-day office tasks, communications and accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and or automated accounting system. Responsible for all financial transactions related sales.
- Process and reconciles all accounting documents such as invoices, cash receipts, cashiers statements.
- Reconcile daily sales and revenues collected from point of sales
- Cross check daily float from cash box for all point of sales
- Compile reports and review data for accuracy and submit report promptly to the Headquarters account section.
- Conduct daily banking transactions
- Prepare revenues collected at the close of sales for night safe at the bank and collect same daily
- Responsible for all internal and external payments including salary
- Ensure correct record keeping for all payments
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets for VDM / Cafeteria / Souvenir shop / Site Manager’s house and office at Fond B’Offay
- Assist with purchasing of items for Cafeteria when required
- Prepare LPO and purchase ferry tickets as and when required
- Prepare other LPO for purchases on Praslin
- Prepare monthly staff commission
- Process overtime forms and Work Records Sheets for VDM staff -
- Manage petty cash, keeping proper records and submit request for recoupment of cash
- Liaise and communicate efficiently with HO accounts
- Assists with any other duties that may be assigned by the Site Manager
Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate- The ability to use various specialist applications
- Communications – Good verbal and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in Business and Finance
- Good administrative skills
- Honest and discreet attitude when handling staff personal matters and company’s account
- Willingness to face challenges and undertake professional development
- Problem Solving
- Attention to the datails attitude
Minimum 2 years of professional experience in public or private sector is required
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Diploma Level in subjects related to the post e.g. business studies, Secretarial and accounting or minimum 2 years working satisfactory working experience in the related field
Fluency in English, French and Creole, knowledge of additional languages will be an asset.