JOB TITLE: Maintenance/Logistic Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Island Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours per week and upon request overtime
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities and infrastructures inclusive of the physical structure of the energy system as well as maintenance of field huts including the atoll from any litter and marine debris.
- Responsible for the construction and rebuilding of field camps facilities, accommodation, water storage facilities etc.
- To assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines, generators, compressor, desalinator, water pumps, communications equipment and all other electrical equipment and water supply system and air conditioning system.
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, outboard engine shed and generator room in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic
- Provide field assistance to the Research Department inclusive trail/transect clearance or maintenance.
- Assist with the transportation of building materials to construction sites.
- Maintain a record on all construction and maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building, tools and equipment during routine maintenance.
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person.
- Ensure that biosecurity measures are implemented to the highest standards for the transit of supplies, equipment, and staff. This may require performing biosecurity checks/briefings at a designated location.
- Liaise with the Island Manager, operations staff and designated biosecurity officers to ensure internal biosecurity processes operate smoothly.
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies.
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups from any litter and marine debris which is not restricted to areas used by tourists and other visitors.
- Carry out any other work-related duties as may be assigned by the Island Manager.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Diploma level and successful completion of Post-Secondary Education and at least three years of working experience in relevant field.
Apply for this post by sending your CV, a completed application form (can be found here or collected from our offices) and a cover letter explaining your capability and suitability for this position. Applications and enquiries on this position can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 29/11/21.