- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the Research Station facilities and infrastructures inclusive the physical structure of the energy system as well as maintenance of field huts including the atoll from any litter and marine debris.
- Responsible for the construction and rebuilding of field camps facilities, accommodation, water storage facilities etc..
- To assist with the maintenance of the outboard engines, generators, compressor, de-salinator, water pumps, communications equipments and all other electrical equipments and water supply system and air conditioning system.
- To assist in maintaining tools, workshop, outboard engine shed and generator room in clean and tidy condition and to update tool inventory with the supervision of the Senior Mechanic
- Provide field assistance to the Research Department inclusive trail/transect clearance or maintenance
- Assist with the transportation of building materials to construction sites
- Maintain a record on all construction and maintenance activities and report on any damage found on building, tools and equipment during routine maintenance
- Participate in anti-poaching patrol and surveillance under the guidance of the Island Manager or other designated person
- Accompany and guide visitors on Aldabra and ensure that their conduct is environmentally sound and that they abide by SIF policies
- Enforce waste policies and conduct periodic clean-ups from any litter and marine debris which is not restricted to areas used by tourists and other visitors
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Minimum entry requirements: Diploma level and successful completion of Post-Secondary Education and at least three years working experience in relevant field. Only Seychellois are eligible to apply.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
If you think you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application to the Administration & Human Resources Department, Seychelles Islands Foundation, P.O Box 853, La Ciotat Building or contact us here or by phone on 4321735 for enquiries. Application forms can be collected at our Head office on Mahé and at the Vallée de Mai on Praslin or downloaded here.